On behalf of the 2011 Spring Program Committee, I would like to welcome you to Las Vegas and the America Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine 36th Annual Regional Anesthesia Meeting and Workshops! We plan to continue many of the successful aspects of previous annual spring meetings such as the paired refresher course lectures (highlighting both the basic science and the clinical applications of topics), general and parallel lecture sessions, problem-based breakout sessions with the experts, and extensive ultrasound-guided and clinical skills workshop opportunities. Based on your feedback, we also plan on several new sessions including:
- Hands-on ultrasound-guided workshop for challenging cases
- 2 hour Master Class with experts discussing how to initiate/maintain a peripheral nerve catheter service
- Joint ESRA/ASRA session to discuss differences in practice between North America and Europe
- RAPM sponsored session to review the best articles which have been published over the past fi ve years
- Update on practice advisories and consensus statements
The 36th Annual Regional Anesthesia Meeting and Workshops will once again provide a variety of exciting and comprehensive learning opportunities for residents and fellows. The ever-popular Resident Regional Anesthesia Boot Camp, including both didactic and workshops, has been move to Saturday. This year's Acute Pain Nursing Program will continue its full-day format with internationally-renowned speakers providing up-to-date information on topics important to acute pain nursing practices.
Finally, as you enjoy the substantial assortment of new and traditional educational offerings, please take some time to experience some of the unique activities Las Vegas has to offer, including its fi ne dining, live shows, and lively nightlife. As one of the world's most unique cities, Las Vegas will certainly have something for everyone to enjoy!
Christopher L. Wu, M.D.