Call for Nominations: Distinguished Service Award
ASRA Pain Medicine's Distinguished Service Award (DSA) is given to recognize individuals who have made important contributions to our specialty over time. Past recipients of the DSA have had a significant impact on the science, teaching, or practice of regional anesthesia and/or pain medicine and often have had active involvement in ASRA Pain Medicine.
Contributions may have resulted in any of the following:
- Growth of a subspecialty of regional anesthesia or pain medicine
- Evolution of the knowledge base that guides practice
- Enhancement of education programs
- Significant changes in governance or the political milieu for regional anesthesia or pain medicine
- New understanding of pain mechanisms or of regional anesthesia
- Improved patient care, satisfaction, and outcomes
Contributions could include scholarly activity but may also celebrate clinical teaching or service to ASRA Pain Medicine or the scientific and medical specialties practiced by ASRA Pain Medicine members. Individuals who have received ASRA Pain Medicine’s Gaston Labat or John Bonica Awards are not disqualified from receiving the DSA. Current members of the Board of Directors are not eligible.
Although the worthiness of your nominee may seem obvious, you must provide us with a one-page letter of recommendation. A copy of the individual's CV will be needed. If you do not have access to the CV, ASRA Pain Medicine will obtain a copy from the nominee.
ASRA Pain Medicine members must nominate individuals for the DSA using the official form below. Nominations must be received by 11:59 PM ET on July 15, 2023.