Call for Nominations: Distinguished Service Award
ASRA's Distinguished Service Award (DSA) is given to recognize individuals who have made important contributions to our specialty over time. Past recipients of the DSA have had a significant impact on the science, teaching, or practice of regional anesthesia and/or pain medicine and often have had active involvement in ASRA.
Contributions may have resulted in any of the following:
- Growth of a subspecialty of regional anesthesia or pain medicine
- Evolution of the knowledge base that guides practice
- Enhancement of education programs
- Significant changes in governance or the political milieu for regional anesthesia or pain medicine
- New understanding of pain mechanisms or of regional anesthesia
- Improved patient care, satisfaction, and outcomes
Contributions could include scholarly activity but may also celebrate clinical teaching or service to ASRA or the scientific and medical specialties practiced by ASRA members. Individuals who have received ASRA’s Gaston Labat or John Bonica Awards are not disqualified from receiving the DSA. Current members of the ASRA Board of Directors are not eligible.
Although the worthiness of your nominee may seem obvious, you must provide us with a one-page letter of recommendation. A copy of the individual's CV will be needed. If you do not have access to the CV, ASRA will obtain a copy from the nominee.
ASRA members must nominate individuals for the DSA using an official form which will be available beginning June 1. Nominations must be received by July 15th.
Please check back in June for the nomination process to open.