Ambulatory Total Joint Arthroplasty
Hot Topics Club (Live Webinar)
Registration is now closed. Check back soon for the recording!
- Welcome and Introductions – Jaime Baratta, MD, Moderator
- Patient Selection and Potential Pitfalls – Sanjay Sinha, MBBS
- Is There an Optimal Anesthetic Ambulatory TJA? – Maggie Holtz, MD
- Optimizing Analgesia for TJA – Brittany Deiling, DO
- Q&A Discussion
- Jaime Baratta, MD; Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
- Sanjay Sinha, MD; St. Francis Hospital and Medical Center, Hartford, CT
- Maggie Holtz, MD; WellStar Kennestone Regional Medical Center, Marietta, GA
- Brittany Deiling, DO; University of Virginia Hospital in Charlottesville, VA
- Review selection criteria to reduce complication and readmissions in patients having outpatient total joint surgery.
- Discuss the benefits of neuraxial anesthesia in the total joint population and if these benefits persist in the ambulatory setting.
- Recognize the benefits of a multimodal analgesia approach, and to understand the regional anesthesia nerve block options that maintain mobility with ambulatory total joint arthroplasty.