ASRA Survey Policy
Jan 22, 2021
Member surveys will be reviewed twice a year, in January and July, with a submission deadline of December 1 and June 1, respectively. One survey per quarter will be distributed to the ASRA membership while balancing the content between regional anesthesia and acute pain and chronic pain medicine. Only one survey per year per institution or person will be considered. The survey should take no longer than 10 minutes to complete.
To submit a survey for consideration, complete this form.
- The study investigators, including their contact information and affiliations.
- A one-page summary on the purpose of the survey, benefit to the specialty, and research publication plan.
- Identification of the IRB that approved the study.
- Indication of what segment of ASRA membership should receive the survey (e.g., active members, trainees, international members, non-physicians, chronic versus acute specialty).
- The survey submitter must provide specific wording/language for the email that will be sent. This language must contain the following.
- The study investigators and affiliations
- Contact name(s) for recipients to address any questions or concerns
- An estimate of the time it will take to complete the study
- The purpose of the study and what will be done with the results
- Assurances of anonymity and/or confidentiality of response data
- Identification of the IRB that approved the study
- The deadline to complete the survey
- The survey submitter must indicate the desired/preferred date(s) of distribution and follow-up reminder, which are subject to final review by the ASRA Communications staff.
Only one member survey can be in distribution at one time. Therefore, if ASRA is already conducting its own study or disseminating a study for another party, the communications staff member will communicate the next available timeframe for survey distribution.