Nominate a Leader Today!
May 28, 2021
ASRA invites members to nominate individuals to serve on the ASRA Board of Directors for terms beginning at the close of the spring 2022 annual meeting. The Board of Directors is charged with oversight of the Society. The responsibilities of a Board Member are to:
- Promote the Society's core missions of education, research, and advocacy
- Constantly reaffirm the Society's unique niche and not allow its focus to become diffused
- Actively present regional anesthesia and pain medicine as important clinical subspecialties to trainees, colleagues, and industry.
ASRA members are asked to nominate physicians and scientists who have distinguished themselves in the areas of regional anesthesia and pain medicine for this position. Nominees must be active members of ASRA. Self-nomination is permitted. A summary statement is required for all nominees. The deadline to make a nomination is June 30. More information.
ASRA's Distinguished Service Award (DSA) is given to recognize individuals who have made important contributions to our specialty over time. Past recipients of the DSA have had a significant impact on the science, teaching, or practice of regional anesthesia and/or pain medicine and often have had active involvement in ASRA.
Contributions may have resulted in any of the following:
- Growth of a subspecialty of regional anesthesia or pain medicine
- Evolution of the knowledge base that guides practice
- Enhancement of education programs
- Significant changes in governance or the political milieu for regional anesthesia or pain medicine
- New understanding of pain mechanisms or of regional anesthesia
- Improved patient care, satisfaction, and outcomes
The deadline to make a nominations is July 15th. Learn more and make a nomination.
ASRA seeks nominations of individuals who have fostered the art and science of regional anesthesia in the tradition of Gaston P. Labat, MD (1843-1908). The award recognizes contribution to the performance of research that has furthered the specialty, innovative teaching traditions, organizational contributions, or simply exemplary clinical practice of regional anesthesia, encouraging its expanded application. The Gaston P. Labat Lecture is presented annually each spring at the ASRA Annual Regional Anesthesiology and Acute Pain Medicine Meeting. Nominees should be nationally recognized, and their contributions to the subspecialty duly noted by a broad audience. The individual need not be a member of ASRA. The nomination deadline is July 15. Learn more and make a nomination.
The Asokumar Grant for Global Scholars enables up to 100 physicians from low-resource countries to receive an annual subscription to ASRA's official journal, Regional Anesthesia & Pain Medicine (RAPM). Please share this opportunity with international nonmember groups and colleagues. The deadline to apply is July 15. Learn more and make a nomination.