Calling All Young Professionals! New ASRA Membership Category Helps You Transition from Fellowship to PracticeBy Anahi Perlas, MD Apr 11, 2017
Are you about to begin a fellowship in regional anesthesiology or pain medicine and plan to dedicate your clinical practice to one of these disciplines? ASRA wants to welcome you by offering a new membership option that will support you from the beginning of fellowship training through your first year in practice. ASRA recognizes that this is a pivotal time in every physician’s career and has responded to your requests for help with this transition by providing a new membership category at an affordable price with all the benefits of membership.
The YOUNG PROFESSIONAL category offers fellows either 3 or 4 calendar years of membership (for a 1- or 2-year fellowship respectively) at a total cost of only $180 ($320 value) or $215 ($355 value), respectively.
This new category is available to all fellows both on an individual basis or as a group package through your fellowship program. Some of the benefits of ASRA membership include:
- Full subscription to Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine (both in print and electronic format)
- Preferred discounted rates at all 5 ASRA CME events offered each year
- Eligibility to apply for peer-reviewed research funding of up to $200,000 annually
- Subscription to the quarterly ASRA News and monthly ASRA Digest
- Full access to the Resource Center on the ASRA website
- Free access to images from the ASRA library
- Optional membership in one or more of our Special Interest Groups (SIGs)
- Eligibility to actively participate in one of our committees.
We hope you will take advantage of this offer and remain part of the ASRA family as you begin your career. ASRA is the largest sub-specialty anesthesiology society in North America and remains the only society dedicated to addressing the needs of patients, clinicians, and scientists across the continuum of pain medicine.
Anahi Perlas, MD, is a member of the ASRA Board of Directors and chair of the Membership Committee.