Carl Koller Memorial Research Grant Now Accepting Letters of IntentApr 20, 2017
ASRA is currently accepting letters of intent (LOIs) for research projects to be considered for the Carl Koller Memorial Research Grant. This biennial grant, designed to support clinical and laboratory studies related to any aspect of regional anesthesia and analgesia and acute pain, provides up to $200,000 in funding. Please refer to the Carl Koller Memorial Research Grant Priorities, determined by ASRA leadership for this cycle, which are recommended but not required. This does not mean that you cannot apply for an area of research outside the scope of the priorities listed. The cycle for the grant awards is April 2018 - April 2020.
ASRA has transitioned to an LOI process for initial grant proposals. Submissions are limited to 1 page, not including biosketch. This high-level, succinct overview will encompass critical objectives, resources requested, and outcomes to be achieved. The ASRA Committee on Research will review all LOIs to ensure they meet grant objectives. Submitters of accepted projects will then be asked to submit a full grant proposal.
Applicants are encouraged to access the guideline for grant criteria and eligibility prior to LOI submission. LOIs must be submitted via email to email@example.com- by 5:00 pm ET on August 15, 2017.
- Objectives of the proposed clinical trial and hypothesis to be tested
- ASRA priority addressed in this application
- Research environment
- Research team (include biosketch max 100 words per applicant)
Timeline and Process:
- Before August 15, 2017 - Complete the Narrative Requirements; Typed in10pt Times New Roman, no longer than 1 page, not including biosketch, and submitted as a single file only PDF format.
- August 15, 2017 – LOIs due by 5:00 pm ET to firstname.lastname@example.org. Late or incomplete submissions will not be considered.
- September 15, 2017 – ASRA Committee on Research will notify those selected to submit grant proposals. The Committee will also respond to those not selected to submit a full grant proposal.
- December 15, 2017 – Invited grant proposals are due by 5:00 pm ES
If you have any questions please send an email to email@example.com or call the ASRA office at 412-471-2718.