Inaugural Class of Pain and MSK Interventional Ultrasound Certificate Awardees NamedJul 20, 2017
The American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine is proud to announce the inaugural class of recipients of the ASRA Pain and MSK Interventional Ultrasound Certification. Seven individuals were awarded the certification after successfully completing the first-ever written and practical examination held June 9, 2017.
The following individuals have achieved the ASRA Pain and MSK Interventional Ultrasound Certification:
- Anuj Bhatia of Toronto Western Hospital and University of Toronto in Ontario, Canada
- Thiago Nouer Frederico of Hospital Sirio Libanes in Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Angel Manuel Juarez Lemus of Hospital Naval in Mexico City, Mexico
- Charles Amaral de Oliveira of Singular Pain Center in Sao Paulo Brazil
- David Anthony Provenzano of Pain Diagnostics and Interventional Care in Bridgeville, PA
- Rajendra Kumar Sahoo of Toronto Western Hospital in Ontario, Canada
- Gunar Gonzalo Subieta-Benito of John H. Stroger Hospital of Cook County, Chicago, IL
The certificate was developed to enable physicians to document skills and training in this highly specialized field of pain management. Candidates must meet several requirements before being approved to sit for the exam, including completion of a set number of continuing medical education credits in the field and significant practice experience. The certification is valid for 10 years, after which time the physician may renew the certificate.
The next examination will be held November 19, 2017, at the Disney Yacht & Beach Club Resorts at Disney World in Lake Buena Vista, FL. The deadline for exam applications is September 15, 2017. The exam will also be administered on April 18, 2018, at the New York Marriott Marquis in New York City; applications for this test administration are due February 15, 2018. More information on the certification requirements are provided at www.asra.com/certificate.
The American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine is a professional member organization of more than 4,000 physicians and healthcare providers across the United States and the world. Founded in 1975, the mission of ASRA is to advance the science and practice of regional anesthesia and pain medicine. ASRA is headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA. For more information, visit www.asra.com.