Pediatric Regional Anesthesia and Pain Management SIG
Note: There is no cost to join the Pediatric Regional Anesthesia and Pain Management SIG. By clicking "Join," you will automatically be added to the group. To view and make changes to your SIG, click on "Your profile" in the upper right.
The goals of the ASRA Pediatric Regional Anesthesia and Pain Management SIG are to:
- Improve awareness of RA techniques and pain management among pediatric anesthesiologists.
- Create easy access communication channels among pediatric anesthesiologists to exchange knowledge and expertise related to pain management techniques for the pediatric patients
- Identify safe practice guidelines for RA in the pediatric populations taking into account the difference in their anatomy, physiology and pharmacology of various medications in the pediatric population.
- Establish best practice analgesic pathways for various pediatric surgical procedures
- Promote clinical outcome research in the field of pediatric RA and pain management.
- Facilitate exposure, education and training of pediatric anesthesiologists on RA techniques including ultrasound-guided blocks.