Ultrasonography in Pain Medicine SIG
The Ultrasonography in Pain Medicine (USPM) Special Interest Group (SIG) was established officially in June 2008. Formation of this SIG within ASRA is in response to the growing interest in the use of ultrasound-guided techniques in various pain management procedures.
The goals of the Ultrasonography in Pain Medicine SIG are to:
- Standardize the indications, approaches, and techniques for Ultrasound-guided interventional pain management procedures
- Exchange and share new information, ideas, and innovations concerning ultrasound-guided blocks
- Encourage basic science as well as clinical outcome research in this field
- Maximize the exposure, education, and training of pain medicine fellows
- Identify and maximize the communication among the different medical professionals who are actively engaged in using ultrasound - guided blocks in the management of pain patients.