Categories of membership
NOTE: ASRA membership is on a calendar basis. Membership runs from January 1st through December 31st.
If you join or renew later in the year, the annual dues are not prorated. However, regardless of when you join/renew, you will receive full member benefits including
- Online access of the Regional Anesthesia & Pain Medicine Journal, including the archives.
- Print copies* of all 8 issues of the Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine journal for the calendar year. (*Note: International members outside the US, Canada, and Europe receive online access only but can opt to upgrade to International + Journal and receive the print journal as well as online.)
- Access to the current and previous issues of ASRA News.
- Discounted registration fees for ASRA Meetings & Workshops.
- Discounts to the Anesthesia Quality Institute's National Anesthesia Clinical Outcomes Registry.
- Access to current/recent Advisories & Guidelines.
- Access the Pain Resource Center and Image Gallery.
- Ability to apply for ASRA Research Grants.
- Connection to experts and colleagues from around the world.
Regular members: $250 annually
Regular members are physicians actively engaged in the practice of medicine. Only regular members are eligible to hold office in the Society. This category of membership applies to physicians who reside in the United States, Canada, or Europe.
International, electronic journal only: $95
International, printed+electronic journal: $250
International members are physicians who are actively engaged in the practice of medicine and who reside outside of the United States, Canada, or Europe.
Affiliate members are non-physicians with an interest in regional anesthesiology and pain medicine.
Young Professionals, 3-year: $180; 4-year: $215
The Young Professional category is for individuals completing a Fellowship. The three-year level covers a one-year fellowship (spanning two calendar years) plus the first year in practice. (A $320 value.) The four-year level covers a two-year fellowship (spanning three calendar years) plus the first year in practice. (A $355 value.)
Trainee members are individuals who reside in the United States, Canada, or Europe and are enrolled in accredited medical or osteopathic schools, Accreditation Council on Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) approved residencies, ACGME approved pain medicine fellowships, or regional anesthesiology and acute pain medicine fellowship training programs.
Military members are physicians on active duty in any branch of the United States or Canadian military.
Retired members are former Active members for 10 consecutive years or more who are no longer in the active practice of medicine. To be eligible for Retired Membership, an individual must request Retired status, in writing, from the Society. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (855) 795-ASRA for more information.
Life members are all past Presidents of the Society and all past members of the Board of Directors who have served at least five years on the Board of Directors. Life membership shall also be extended to all recipients of the Distinguished Service Award, the Labat Award, and the Bonica Award.
Honorary members are those distinguished medical practitioners or scientists who have rendered conspicuous service to the medical profession and whom the Society desires to recognize.
Corporate partnership program
The purpose of promoting ASRA Corporate Partnership is to develop and sustain a mutually beneficial relationship between ASRA and members of industry who have a vested interest in the area of regional anesthesia and pain management. More information »
Group membership discount
If at least 80% of your institution’s eligible practicing anesthesiologist or pain specialist physicians are active members of ASRA, each new or renewing active member is eligible for a $25 discount. To qualify, your institution must have at least five participating individuals, payment must be made in one transaction. For more information, contact us at (855) 795-ASRA or email@example.com
- Membership dues are used for advancing the science and practice of regional anesthesia and pain medicine. Dues are not used for any lobbying or political activities.
- If paying by check, your check must be received in our office within 60 days of your application to activate your membership.
- ASRA membership dues are nonrefundable and nontransferable in a calendar year. Young Professional membership is nonrefundable and nontransferable for the length of the membership.