The ASRA 42nd Annual Regional Anesthesiology and Acute Pain Medicine main meeting registration includes three full days of:
- Refresher courses
- Parallel and plenary sessions
- ePosters and moderated sessions
- Exhibit hall access with company booths, ASRA chat room, and internet café
- Daily breakfast and breaks
- Opening networking reception
- Reduced pricing to the Saturday celebration and ASRA awards luncheon
- Meeting app and presentations
Whether you are new to the field or a seasoned expert, in private or academic practice, the 2017 meeting has something for you. The exciting program includes new opportunities in point of care US (PoCUS), practice management, and real world advice for maximizing reimbursement, high fidelity advanced block simulators, novel block techniques taught by those who invented them, and many fun networking opportunities. Highlights include:
Practice Management Portfolio and Certificate of Attendance
ASRA's new Practice Management Portfolio (PMP) provides attendees with an overview of important managerial, legal, and financial issues to help you manage your practice or establish a new acute pain service while maximizing reimbursement. These highly interactive sessions are customized to your clinical scenario.
High-Fidelity Simulation Workshop for Thoracic Blocks
This hands-on workshop covers thoracic epidurals, thoracic paravertebral blocks, and intercostal blocks.
Point of Care Ultrasound (PoCUS)
Learn how to use bedside ultrasound to diagnose acute respiratory complications such as pneumothorax, diaphragmatic paresis, gastric contents, and airway anatomy.
Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS)
Clinical pathway sessions for major joint surgery focused on the concept of ERAS in the new perioperative home setting. Sessions centered on the acute pain physician and their integral role of this new medical care model.
In-depth, clinically-focused workshops with low attendee-to-faculty ratios cover a variety of peripheral blocks for the upper and lower extremities as well as truncal procedures.
More Workshops on New and Advanced Blocks
Workshops cover PECs and serratus plane blocks, iPACK blocks, transverse oblique lumbar plexus and quadratum lumbarum blocks, and brachial plexus anatomy.
Acute Pain Medicine Session Highlights
- Cannabinoid Pharmacotherapy
- Regional Anesthesia and Cancer Recurrence
- Percutaneous Open Coil Stimulation and Cryoanalgesia
- Neosaxitoxin, TRPV-1, and Conotoxin for Pain Management
- Methadone Therapy and Mixed Opioid Agonists: Essentials for the Acute Pain Physician
- Phenotyping and Genetic Testing for Opioid Management
- Managing Opioid Induced Hyperalgesia
Regional Anesthesia Technical Highlights
- Workshops sessions with Admir Hadzic, Ki Jinn Chin, Edward Mariano, Anahi Perlas, Carlo Franco, Francis Salinas, Mike Barrington, and Rafael Blanco
- LAST sessions with Dr. Weinberg of intralipid fame
- Cancer recurrence and regional anesthesia sessions with Daniel Sessler, Marcel Durieux, and Alain Borgeat; world leaders in cancer research and regional anesthesia
- Wine and bubbly networking reception
- Saturday celebration overlooking beautiful San Francisco
- Wine tastings from local vineyards during social events