ASRA Resident/Fellow of the Year Award
ASRA Resident/Fellow of the Year - 2017
Hari K. P. Kalagara, MD, FCARCSI, EDRA
Cleveland Clinic Foundation Program, Cleveland, OH
ASRA Resident/Fellow of the Year - 2016
Lauren Steffel, MD
Stanford University Hospital and Clinics, Stanford, CA
ASRA Resident/Fellow of the Year - 2015
Mark C. Bicket, MD
Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA
ASRA Resident of the Year - 2014
Rengaragjan Janakiraman, MD
University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital, Miami, FL
ASRA Resident of the Year - 2013
Ankeet D. Udani, MD
Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, CA
The Resident/Fellow of the Year Award is given annually to a resident or fellow who has demonstrated significant contributions to ASRA events or activities related to regional anesthesia and/or pain medicine. The deadline for submission of nominations will be announced.
- The candidate must be an ASRA resident or fellow member in good standing.
- The Resident Section Committee (RSC) shall seek nominations from the membership in writing, and the nominee must agree to such a nomination.
- Nominations may be submitted by ASRA Regular, Affiliate, and Resident/Fellow members.
- Self-applications are not eligible.
- Active Resident Section Committee Chair and Chair-Elect are not eligible for nomination.
- Individuals may be renominated in subsequent years; however, previous winners of the same award are not eligible to win again.
- Past winners of other Society awards are eligible.
- Nomination letter addressing the criteria.
- Curriculum vitae of the candidate.
- Official nomination form.
- Applications for this award are adjudicated by the Resident Section Committee Chair, Chair-Elect, and Faculty Advisors.
- A candidate and an alternate will be selected from the list of nominations.
- The names of the selected candidate and the alternate for the award will be presented to the Board of Directors for confirmation at the Board Meeting after the Committee finalizes the selection.
- Demonstrated outstanding contributions to ASRA events or activities related to Regional Anesthesia and/or Pain Medicine.
- Contribution to the advancement of the profession of medicine, the welfare of residents; and/or, quality of residency education.
- Evidence of strong role modeling and mentorship ability among his/her peers.
- Embodies the values of ASRA.
- One award will be presented annually at the ASRA Annual Spring or Fall Meeting; however, an award need not be given annually.
- The award winner will receive a plaque recognizing his/her contribution, a travel award of up to $1,500, and complimentary meeting registration.
- The winner may choose whether to receive the award at the Annual Spring or Fall Meeting and will be introduced at the Meeting by the President of ASRA, the Chair of the Resident Section Committee, or another distinguished individual.
- The Chair of the Resident Section Committee will give a brief presentation of the awardee's distinguished work performed in regional anesthesia and/or pain medicine leading to this award.
- The deadline will be announced. Nominations will open in the fall.
- Late or incomplete submissions will not be considered.