Introduction to Perioperative Point-of-Care Ultrasound
February 25-26, 2017
Omni San Diego Hotel
San Diego, California
We're sorry — this course is filled. We are no longer accepting names on the waiting list. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Jointly provided with:
This two-day, hands-on workshop with online learning module is designed for all practicing physicians wanting to gain a comprehensive understanding of point-of-care ultrasound applications including identification of clinical questions to be answered, technical performance aspects, and interpretation of results. Short didactic sessions will anchor longer scanning sessions with 5:1 attendee to instructor ratio. Case discussions and pre- and post-tests will be included as well. The course will cover airway, lung, cardiac, gastric, and trauma assessment.
- Earn 29.5 CME credits by completing the eLearning provided by USabcd and attending the weekend course.
- Hands-on scanning sessions with concise lectures to summarize content
- World-renowned experts, low attendee-to-instructor ratio
- Personalized learning with ample time for Q&A and faculty feedback
- Case discussions and pre/post testing to assess learning
- Basic Focused Assessed Transthoracic Echocardiography (FATE) certification.
This course fills a much-needed educational gap as well as prepares physicians to be leaders in patient safety and perioperative ultrasonography by providing a comprehensive introduction to several PoCUS applications of relevance to clinical regional anesthesiologists, including the identification of clinical questions to be answered, technical performance aspects and interpretation of results.
- Listen to the August 10th ASRA RAPP (Regional Anesthesia and Pain Podcast)
- Read more: Why PoCUS?
- Join the Perioperative Point-of-Care Ultrasound Special Interest Group.
- Read "Seeing is Believing" by Stephen Haskins, MD, and Jan Boublik, MD, PhD.
- Download 2-page flyer.