Call for videos
Submit video Submission deadline is March 5.
How I Do It: Tips for Experts by Experts
- Peripheral Nerve and Intermuscular Plane Blocks (Friday, April 20, 8-9:30 am, PS-05a RA-Acute Pain Parallel Session)
- Paravertebral and Neuraxial Blocks (Friday, April 20, 10:15-11:45 am, PS-06a RA-Acute Pain Parallel Session)
The relatively static format of standard resources for regional techniques (articles, textbooks, newsletters) stands in contrast to the incredibly dynamic nature of actual patient care. It is therefore no surprise that online videos have become an important educational resource in regional anesthesia. The two scheduled interactive video sessions are specially designed to provide you with a unique opportunity to share your regional anesthesia insights and ‘pearls’ in a short video. These sessions will strive to maximize the educational potential of submitted videos and are intended to be:
- Audience-driven: Videos shown will have been submitted by anesthesiologists in attendance at the meeting.
- Loose and interactive: While the videos are educational and often entertaining, their primary purpose is to prompt a professional dialogue with the audience.
- Current and authoritative: A dynamic panel has been assembled for each session, with topics considered from several expert perspectives – but don’t expect unanimity!
- Fast-paced and engaging: Topics will shift frequently as each video newly sets the stage for a fresh discussion.
Suggested topics include, but are not limited to:
- What do you wish you’d known when you began performing certain regional techniques?
- Are there specific blocks that you’d recommend for specific situations?
- Is there any special equipment you have found to be helpful? (must be presented without commercial bias)
- Have you developed any helpful modifications of standard techniques?
- What are some key aspects/lessons of regional techniques that should be emphasized?
- How do you deal with situations that aren’t “textbook”?
All types of submissions are welcome, from serious and straightforward to creative and entertaining; release your inner actor, director, newscaster, singer, or teacher. The first four accepted submissions receive a free ticket to the Saturday evening celebration!
Video submission guidelines
- Submission deadline: March 5
- Video duration: 30 seconds to maximum 3 minutes
- Video formats: .avi, .wmv, .mov, .flv, mp4
- All materials must be in English
- Completed online submission form
- Upload video to online submission form or use file transfer system as described on form
- Must be a registered attendee to participate
Review and presentation
- Notifications sent by March 14
- Videos reviewed by session faculty
- Selected submissions presented during the live session
- All accepted submissions will be made available online and in the meeting app