Perioperative Point-of-Care Ultrasound SIG
Note: There is no cost to join the Perioperative Point-of-Care Ultrasound SIG. By clicking "Join," you will automatically be added to the group. To view and make changes to your SIG, click on "Your profile" in the upper right.
The goals and objectives of the Perioperative POC Ultrasound SIG are as follows.
- Define and prioritize educational needs and disseminate educational material pertaining to perioperative sonography
- Define and integrate perioperative sonography topics relevant to anesthesiology residents as well as regional anesthesia and acute pain fellows
- Identify current gaps and encourage clinical and outcomes research in the area of perioperative sonography
- Advance the body of knowledge in perioperative sonography and create publications relevant to ASRA members with an interest in the area
- Integrate perioperative sonography in the practice of (regional) anesthesiologists to improve patient care and outcomes
- Develop and standard indications, approaches, and techniques of perioperative sonography
The Perioperative Point-of-Care Ultrasound SIG was established in Fall 2015 to allow regional anesthesiologists with an interest in perioperative ultrasound to advance the knowledge and expand the scientific body of perioperative point-of-care (POC) ultrasound aimed at improving the care of patients undergoing procedures involving regional anesthesia.
Mark Your Calendar!
Due to popular demand, we are proud to announce that the Introduction to Perioperative Point-of-Care Ultrasound Course will be held twice in 2018.
- February 24-25, 2018: Omni San Diego Hotel, San Diego, California
- December 1-2, 2018: Chicago, Illinois (registration will open approximately 6 months prior to event; check back for updates)