2018 World Congress on Regional Anesthesia & Pain Medicine
April 19-21, 2018
New York Marriott Marquis, New York City, USA
See You in New York!
Held in conjunction with ASRA's 43rd Annual Regional Anesthesiology & Acute Pain Medicine Meeting.
Regional anesthesiology, acute pain, and chronic pain content all in one global educational event…5 societies, 4 years in the making!
Main Meeting 3-Day Comprehensive Program
- 5 parallel session tracks on key topics, from refresher topics to cutting-edge science and treatments
- 5 tracks of regional anesthesia and chronic pain workshops daily
- 3 tracks of moderated ePosters sessions
- World-renowned expert faculty eager to share their practical experience
- Meeting app and downloadable presentations
- Daily breakfast and breaks
- Exhibit hall access with company booths, ASRA chat room, and internet café
- Special events including an opening networking reception and closing Saturday celebration
- ABA MOCA 2.0 patient safety (part 2) and simulation (part 4) credits
Tailor Your Education with Specialized Sessions
- Problem-based learning discussions (PBLD)
- Practical hands-on workshops: fluoroscopy, ultrasound, live model, and cadaver (physicians only)
- Special interactive sessions on stress management, catheter management, “green” anesthesia, and more
- Resident and fellow workshops and Meet and Greet
- PA/NP/Nursing program and Meet and Greet
Wednesday Pre-Congress Special Sessions
- Pain fellow scholarships for the Advanced Neuromodulation Comprehensive Hands-On Workshop
- ASRA’s Pain and MSK Interventional Ultrasound Certificate exam
- European Diploma in Regional Anesthesia & Acute Pain Management (EDRA) Part 1 exam
- Half-day special session workshops on Perioperative Point-of-Care Ultrasound
- Hospital visits to some of New York's most prestigious organizations
Regional Anesthesiology and Acute Pain Medicine Highlights
- Pro/con debate on regional vs. general anesthesia and regional anesthesia controversies
- Block safety strategies to prevent neurologic complications
- Tips for experts by experts for peripheral nerve, truncal, and neuraxial blocks
- Procedure-specific acute pain treatment recommendations and management of difficult pain patients
- Regional anesthesiologist’s role in fast-track colorectal and joint replacement surgery
- Regional anesthesia-related complications and medico-legal issues
- New cadaver hands-on workshop for needling and catheter insertion and cadaver anatomical workshop
- NYSORA 3D anatomy and lower abdominal and extremity blocks half-day workshop
- Call for videos
Chronic Pain Highlights
- Advanced ultrasonographic MSK imaging and interventions for pain medicine
- Recent advances in regenerative medicine related to sports medicine and injury
- Making neuromodulation therapy work for basic and advanced practitioners
- Dealing with the opioid epidemic; global perspective on the appropriate use of chronic opioids
- Pro/con debate on chronic pain management controversies
- Marijuana and cannabinoids in chronic pain management
Reduced Pricing for International Attendees
- If you reside in one of the countries listed as low or lower-middle income according to the World Bank, you can obtain reduced registration fees. Confirm your country is on the list provided at the bottom of the Register page, then select the appropriate registration category.
Can't attend in person? You can still view select sessions through our live streaming feed throughout the program. Learn more here.
Please note: The meeting is in English only. No translation services will be provided.