Practice Management Portfolio
Sessions that are part of the PMP are indicated in the meeting program with this symbol.
The healthcare environment has recently undergone significant changes in delivery processes with restrictive networks, shared risk agreements, new medical insurance products, and alternate value based payment models as an alternative to fee-for-service reimbursements. Providers need a better understanding of the legal environment, healthcare finance and cost-accounting methodology, contract negotiation skills, and value propositions presented by various insurers and employers. ASRA’s Practice Management Portfolio (PMP) provides attendees with an overview of these key areas through a series of specially identified sessions within the meeting. Participants will receive a certificate of completion for attending the following:
- one (1) of four (4) problem-based learning discussions (PBLDs)
PBLD-10, Contract Negotiation Tips with Your Group and Hospital
PBLD-11, ACOs, MACRA/MIPs and Regional Anesthesia: How to Survive and Prosper
PBLD-12, What Do I Need to Start Up a New Acute Pain Service?
PBLD-13, How to Make your Practice Financially Viable: Alternative Payment Models
- one (1) of two (2) parallel sessions
PS-01a Parallel Session, From the Upside-Down: Regional Anesthesia as Seen from the Other Side
PS-02a Parallel Session, Lessons to Improve Your Practice
- two (2) required ask the experts interactive sessions
IS-01 Ask the Experts Interactive Session, Practice Management Portfolio Case Scenarios: Part 1
IS-03 Ask the Experts Interactive Session, Practice Management Portfolio Case Scenarios: Part 2
Participants will learn how to:
- Assess the essential financial, accounting, strategic, and marketing competencies to provide the most efficient and effective patient care.
- Align stakeholder interests and incentives within their healthcare system.
- Evaluate the current legislative environment and impact of the planned implementation phase contributing to major transformations in the reimbursement methodology.
- Discuss practice case scenarios facilitating rapid implementation of all techniques into practice.