The importance of pain medicine, including clinical care and research, has never been more apparent. From novel pharmaceuticals to cutting-edge interventional techniques to the opioid crisis, qualified pain medicine leaders possess knowledge and skills to lead their patients and health systems with evidence-informed and evidence-based medicine.
This year’s meeting program again features national and international experts in the field of pain medicine. Highlighted sessions include novel opioid targets, alcohol use in chronic pain, advances in advanced interventional care, and treating patients with challenging conditions, such as fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, and headache.
Don’t miss the chance to join approximately 1,200 colleagues to learn, network, and be inspired to ensure our organization and discipline remain at the cutting edge. The meeting is a three-day scientific and educational event with a comprehensive offering empowering you to tailor your educational experience and select content based on your individual needs. You’ll learn from national and international experts leading sessions with a translational and clinical focus to deliver information and skills of take-home value that you can put to immediate use in practice. Exciting developments and highlights for 2019 include:
- Sessions on radiofrequency ablation, updates on advanced interventional procedures, and treating patients with challenging conditions, including fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, and headache.
- Presentations from internationally renowned basic science and clinical researchers from a diverse field of pain medicine specialties including neuroscience, psychology, physical medicine and rehabilitation, pain management, and neurology.
- Insights on “The Future of Pain Medicine.”
- ASA/ASRA practice management sessions designed for interactive discussion on coding/compliance, managing a variety pain practice settings, and issues pertaining to patient retention and risk management.
- Hands-on workshops in areas of ultrasound and fluoroscopy including radiofrequency ablation techniques, regenerative medicine, advanced interventional techniques (vertebroplasty, percutaneous spine decompression), and surgical practicums.
- Credits that apply toward ASRA’s Pain and MSK Interventional Ultrasound Certificate requirements.
- Dedicated PA/NP/Nursing program and targeted interactive sessions on intrathecal therapies, professional development, diagnostic imaging and electrodiagnostics, and the incredibly popular hands-on physical and neurological exam workshop.
- Abstract submissions, moderated ePoster sessions, PBLDs, interactive sessions, Data Blitz, award luncheon, and more.