2017 Regional Anesthesiology and Acute Pain Medicine Meeting
April 6-8, 2017
Marriott Marquis San Francisco
San Francisco, California
Thank you for a great meeting!
View our photo album here.
We've Got the Content You're Looking For!
Whether you are new to the field or a seasoned expert, in private or academic practice, the 2017 meeting has something for you. The exciting program includes new opportunities in point of care US (PoCUS), practice management, and real world advice for maximizing reimbursement, high fidelity advanced block simulators, novel block techniques taught by those who invented them, and many fun networking opportunities. Highlights include:
- Practice Management Portfolio (PMP) and Certificate of Attendance: How to manage your practice or establish a new acute pain service while maximizing reimbursement. Highly interactive sessions customized to your clinical scenario.
- High-Fidelity Simulation Workshop for Thoracic Epidurals, Thoracic Paravertebral Blocks, and Intercostal Blocks
- Point of Care Ultrasound (PoCUS): How to use bedside ultrasound to diagnose acute respiratory complications such as pneumothorax, diaphragmatic paresis, gastric contents, and airway anatomy.
- Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS): Clinical pathway sessions for major joint surgery focused on the concept of ERAS in the new perioperative home setting. Sessions centered on the acute pain physician and their integral role of this new medical care model.
- Comprehensive Workshops: In-depth, clinically-focused workshops with low attendee-to-faculty ratios covering a variety of peripheral blocks for the upper and lower extremities as well as truncal procedures.
- More Workshops on New and Advanced Blocks: PECs and serratus plane blocks, iPACK blocks, transverse oblique lumbar plexus and quadratum lumbarum blocks, and brachial plexus anatomy.
Acute Pain Medicine Highlights
- Cannabinoid pharmacotherapy
- Regional anesthesia and cancer recurrence
- Percutaneous open coil stimulation and cryoanalgesia
- Neosaxitoxin, TRPV-1, and conotoxin for pain management
- Methadone therapy and mixed opioid agonists: Essentials for the acute pain physician
- Phenotyping and genetic testing for opioid management
- Managing opioid-induced hyperalgesia
Regional Anesthesia Highlights
- Workshops sessions with Admir Hadzic, Ki Jinn Chin, Edward Mariano, Anahi Perlas, Carlo Franco, Francis Salinas, Mike Barrington, and Rafael Blanco
- LAST sessions with Dr. Weinberg of intralipid fame
- Cancer recurrence and regional anesthesia sessions with Daniel Sessler, Marcel Durieux, and Alain Borgeat; world leaders in cancer research and regional anesthesia
- Wine and Bubbly Networking Reception, Thursday evening
- Saturday evening celebration overlooking beautiful San Francisco
- Wine tastings from local vineyards during social events