FAQ's - Virtual Event Site
How do I create/edit my profile?
From the main navigation, select Account > Edit my profile. Here, you can add a profile picture, your organization's name, a short bio, set your profile preferences, change your password, and add other relevant information about yourself.
How do I add sessions to my agenda?
From the main navigation menu, select Program > Agenda and then click the plus sign (+) next to any sessions that you want to join.
- Some sessions may have limited capacity, so it is important to sign up as soon as possible!
How do I join a virtual session?
To join a virtual session, navigate to the specific session's page (Program > Agenda/My Agenda > Click on the session). On the session page, you will be able to join the session (1) minute before the specified start time by clicking "Join Live Meeting".
How do I find sessions by track or keywords?
From the main navigation menu, select Program > Agenda and then click on the word ‘Search’ in the upper right portion of the screen. See below:
You can select All terms must match or you can change that to Any terms must match. You can then expand the Track option to choose among the various tracks. You can also choose Description and Keywords for your search. Once you select what you are looking for, click on Go. The results will be shown on the Agenda window.
As an attendee, do I need to download any software in order to participate in virtual meetings/sessions within the platform/website?
No, you do not need any additional software. You will only need a computer and a stable internet connection to join virtual meetings or sessions.
- Browser: Our event vendor strongly recommends using Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge browser.
- Internet: Use a strong internet connection to avoid buffering or slowdowns.
- Clear your browser cache: If you are experiencing technical difficulties, try clearing your browser cache first.
- Close unused browser tabs or windows.
- Use headphones or a separate speaker for the best audio quality and experience.
Can I use my iphone/android/tablet to access the event and watch virtual sessions?
Yes, you can use mobile devices to access and participate in the event.
- Please ensure that your mobile device is connected to a stable internet connection. A connection of 3 Mbps or higher is recommended.
How can I schedule 1:1 or group meetings?
From the main navigation menu, select People > Attendees/Speakers. Find the person you would like to connect with and click the three dots symbol (•••) next to their name. Select "Schedule Meeting". Click the drop down next to an individual and select 'Schedule meeting'. From the meeting scheduler page, you will be able to add additional people to your meeting, view each participant's calendar, select a meeting date and time that works for you. You can name the title of the meeting and add a short description before sending the invitation to the participants.
What are the computer requirements I need to attend ASRA Worldwide?
Our event vendor suggests the recommended system requirements below for the best experience:
- Desktop or laptop computer (note: most computers purchased within the past few years will exceed the minimum requirements stated below.)
- Mac: Mac OSX 10.7 or later
- Windows: Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Vista (SP1 or later), XP (SP3 or later)
Processor / RAM:
- Single Core 1Ghz or higher (Dual core 2Ghz or higher, 4G RAM recommended)
- Windows: Chrome 72+, Edge 84+, Firefox 27+, or IE 11+
- Mac: Chrome 30+, Safari 7+Edge 84+, or Firefox 27+
- 5 Mbps "up" minimum (3+ Mbps "up" recommended). Note: wireless speeds are lower than your ISP's advertised speeds. You can use speedtest.net to test your speeds on your computer.
Hardware (recommended but not required)
- The microphone and speakers that comes built-in to most computers is adequate, but a headset with a mic or a stand-alone microphone will create a richer, cleaner sound.
- Smartphone with web browser (Chrome, Edge, Firefox, or Safari recommended)
- Apple or Android smartphone
- iOS version 11.0 or higher
- Android version 5.1 (Lollipop) or higher
Can I download the slides or presentation materials from a session?
Navigate to the specific session's page (Program > Agenda/My Agenda > Click on the session) and click on “Files” (the right-most tab) in the chat box to see any available materials.
Can I See a Recording of a Session if I Missed It?
Recordings of each session will be available on the venue’s website for one year. To access a recording, navigate to the agenda entry for the session in question and press the ‘Play’ button.
How do I get my CME?
Click the CME Certificate link in the CME-CPD button to access the online system before December 15.
What is the Deadline for Submitting CME Credits?
December 15, 2020
Where is the On-Demand Content?
On-Demand Content is located under the “On-Demand” tab at the top of the page.
What are the hours of the event?
Friday, November 20, 6:00 – 10:00pm
Saturday, November 21, 11:00am – 9:30pm
Sunday, November 22, 11:00am – 4:30pm
Where is the Welcome Reception?
The Welcome Reception will be held starting at 8:30pm on Friday night. You can find the Welcome Reception on the agenda. It will be a part of the Exhibitor Experience and it will include a Wine Sommelier! You can get to the Welcome Reception by finding it on the agenda or by clicking this link: https://asrafall2020.pathable.co/trade-show/organizations
I Heard That There Was Going to be a Wine Sommelier at the Welcome Reception. Where Do I Find Them?
The Wine Sommelier can be found in the Sponsor booths at the Welcome Reception in the Exhibitor Experience Friday night.
Where is the Resident/Fellow Meet and Greet?
The Resident/Fellow Meet and Greet will start at 6:00pm on Saturday. It can be found on the agenda or by clicking this link: https://asrafall2020.pathable.co/meetings/miqcwErJiXpLd4DA6
Where is the Saturday Night Dance Party?
The Saturday Night Dance Party will start at 8:15pm Saturday night. It can be found on the agenda or by clicking on this link: https://asrafall2020.pathable.co/meetings/virtual/JBiJ7KA8zXEzucN3y
How do I participate in the Wellness Events?
Each break will include an opportunity to listen to music videos shared by ASRA amazingly-talented members along with a Tai Chi class led by Dr. Philip Peng.
How Do I Get Help?
On the Main Page of the virtual event, click on ‘Account’ and then on ‘Get Support.’ Fill out the information and type in the issue you are having in the box that reads “How can we help you?”. This will generate an email that is sent to our hosting vendor as well as directly to ASRA staff members.