Data Protection and Privacy Statement for the ASRA Website
Data Protection and Privacy Statement
for the ASRA Website
This Data Protection and Privacy Statement relates solely to information supplied by you on this Website for the purposes of providing you with ASRA products or services (including but not limited to membership and meeting registration) via this website. ASRA respects the privacy of your personal information and will treat it confidentially and securely.
Any personal information provided by you to ASRA through this Website will be used for the purpose of providing and administering the products and services you have requested and for other related purposes which may include updating and enhancing records; advising you of other products and services which may be of interest to you; and planning, conducting, and monitoring ASRA business. ASRA will never disclose your personal data to third parties unless it is necessary to provide the goods or services which you have requested. You may request that your data be removed from our records at any time. Such a request must be provided in writing and may result in loss of access to products and services provided on the website.
Personal information collection
ASRA may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information about your use of this website
- Information that you choose to provide for the purpose of registering with the website and for ASRA membership (including for example, your name, contact addresses and telephone numbers, date of birth, gender, email address, and other information collected on registration or through surveys)
- Information about transactions carried out over this website (including applications and renewals for membership)
- Information that you choose to provide for the purpose of subscribing to the website services (including listing in and access to the membership, access to educational content)
- Any other information that you send to ASRA
Using personal information
ASRA may use your personal information to:
- Administer this website
- Personalize the website for you
- Enable your access to and use of the website services
- Publish information about you on the website
- Supply to you services that you purchase
- Send you statements and invoices
- Collect payments from you
- Send you marketing communications (Note: You may unsubscribe from electronic marketing communications at any time by clicking "unsubscribe" on emails or by contacting our offices directly [see below].)
When ASRA discloses your personal information to its agents or subcontractors for these purposes, the agent or subcontractor in question will be obligated to use that personal information in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement.
In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified above, ASRA may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law; in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings; and in order to establish, exercise, or defend its legal rights.
Securing your data
ASRA will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information. All the personal information you provide will be stored on secure servers.
Information relating to electronic transactions entered into via this website will be protected by encryption technology.
Cross-border data transfers
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available around the world.
You agree to such cross-border transfers of personal information.
Updating this statement
You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are familiar with any changes.
This website contains links to other websites.
ASRA is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.
4 Penn Center West Suite 401
Pittsburgh PA 15276
Tel. +1 412-471-2718 OR +1 855-795-2772 (toll free, U.S. Only)
Fax: +1 412-471-7503