Educate other specialties, foster collaborations among physicians, and promote research in the fields of abdominal and pelvic pain.
Goals and Objectives:
- Promote the exchange and sharing of new information, ideas, and innovations concerning interventions and treatments for abdominal and pelvic pain syndromes amongst the various interested, multi-disciplinary specialists.
- Define pain fellowship abdominal and pelvic pain learning objectives from a multi-disciplinary group of pain management specialists with expertise and interest in abdominal and pelvic pain.
- Develop curricula resources for common abdominal pain syndromes and interventions pertinent to the pain management specialist.
- Sponsor educational modules yearly at the ASRA – Pain Medicine Annual Fall meeting.
- Standardize the indications, approaches, and techniques for abdominal and pelvic related pain management procedures and (long-term) develop interventional practice recommendations.
- Identify research areas of need and encourage clinical outcomes research of pain management abdominal and pelvic pain interventions.