The goals of the ASRA Pediatric Regional Anesthesia and Pain Management SIG are to:
- Improve awareness of RA techniques and pain management among pediatric anesthesiologists.
- Create easy access communication channels among pediatric anesthesiologists to exchange knowledge and expertise related to pain management techniques for the pediatric patients
- Identify safe practice guidelines for RA in the pediatric populations taking into account the difference in their anatomy, physiology and pharmacology of various medications in the pediatric population.
- Establish best practice analgesic pathways for various pediatric surgical procedures
- Promote clinical outcome research in the field of pediatric RA and pain management.
- Facilitate exposure, education and training of pediatric anesthesiologists on RA techniques including ultrasound-guided blocks.