The mission of the RAPM in Military Medicine SIG is to foster collaboration and proselytize the exchange of information to address the many unique challenges inherent in military regional anesthesia and pain medicine through research, education and cooperation.
The goals and objectives of the RAPM in Military Medicine SIG are to:
- Strengthen military ties to ASRA Pain Medicine.
- Stimulate information sharing between members.
- Cultivate research opportunities and encourage presentation of research at national and international level conferences.
- Advance the field of regional anesthesia and pain medicine by providing a platform for military specific topics to be discussed, and new innovative techniques established.
- Inspire members to participate in academic endeavors that directly impact or are applicable to the operational and combat environments.
- Provide a venue for networking.