The mission of the American Society of Regional Anesthesia Wellness Special Interest Group is to both educate ASRA members about the importance of physician wellness and to provide opportunities for ASRA members to share their own strategies for mitigating stress, burnout and providing self-care. Our hope is that this SIG will offer a safe community
The goals of the American Society of Regional Anesthesia Wellness Special Interest Group are to:
- Raise awareness among ASRA members about the importance of physician wellness because of its inherent value to physicians themselves and also as a significant contributor to providing quality patient care
- Encourage physicians, physician assistants and nurse practitioners to identify and seek both preventive and curative treatment for burnout as well as physical and mental health issues
- Educate members about opportunities to promote wellness and self-care
- Provide resources for improving work-life integration
- Provide a professional community to form relationships and provide support, particularly for practitioners who work in smaller and isolated practices
- Create a Wellness Portfolio to serve as a repository of resources to be accessed by ASRA members for members to share in the common mission of wellness.