The goals of the Women in Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine (WRAPM) SIG are:
- To provide a networking forum for women in ASRA to discuss and share ideas towards enhancing their professional development.
- To provide mentorship and support to women in the early phases of careers in regional anesthesiology and pain medicine.
- To offer specific leadership training for women, with an emphasis on developing a pathway for advancement within ASRA, as well as individual institutions.
- To support research projects from women in regional anesthesiology and pain medicine.
- To increase participation of female medical students, residents, and fellows in the field.
- To recognize and promote the work of women in advancing the field through education, advocacy, research, and patient care.
- To advise ASRA on issues related to women in the practice of regional anesthesiology and pain medicine.