Physicians applying for a fellowship program in regional anesthesiology/acute pain medicine must be currently enrolled in, or have completed, an accredited anesthesiology residency program. Each individual program may have additional requirements such as medical licensing. The information published here has been supplied by the individual institutions. Please check back frequently for updates. Programs with an asterisk behind the title indicate they are part of the SF Match Program.
We are proud and thrilled to offer a new, ACGME accredited, multidisciplinary pain fellowship at University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences. University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) is the leading tertiary referral center for the state and provide care to a diverse and complex patient population in the state and surrounding regions.
The fellowship year is divided between UAMS with Dr. Heejung Choi, Dr. Johnathan Goree, Dr. Christopher Paul, and John L. McClellan Memorial Veterans Hospital with Dr. David Culver, who is board certified in physical medicine and rehabilitation as well as pain medicine. This is a truly multidisciplinary program with a unique neurological surgery rotation with Dr. Erika Petersen, who is a national leader in functional and restorative neurosurgery. There is also focus on addiction medicine with Dr. Ravi Nahata, who is the director of addiction psychiatry fellowship program.
We also have special educational initiatives including Arkansas Pain Symposium, Distinguished Lecture Series in Pain Medicine, hands-on cadaver lab training, monthly journal club sessions as well as weekly lecture series to cover core pain medicine topics. The division of chronic pain also has multiple investigator-initiated and industry supported research projects that will lead to presentations and manuscripts through motivated fellows.
- Current Curriculum Vitae including contact information (ERAS format preferred. You may send us a PDF of ERAS application)
- 1-page Personal Statement, describing your interest in the Pain Medicine Fellowship and your plans after fellowship
- 3 Letters of Recommendation (1 letter from program director preferred)
- Medical School Transcript (originals from school)
- Medical School Performance Evaluation (in English)
- USMLE I, II, III scores and/or COMPLEX scores
- Photograph (passport type)
- If applicable, a copy of ECFMG certificate and a copy of immigration status visa
- Last two years of In-Training Examination scores (preferred)
- Last two years of Self-Assessment Examination (SAE) summary for physical medicine and rehabilitation applicants (preferred)
- Specialty: Chronic Pain
- Duration:12 months
- Start Year:
- Deadline: May 31, 2019
- Salary: Competitive to the region
- Contact Person: Mary Beth Gresham Program Coordinator
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (501) 603-1656
- 4301 W. Markham
- Slot 515
- Little Rock
- Arkansas 72205
- Website: pain.uams.edu/education/fellowship
- Director: n/a
- Other affiliated faculty:
- Participating hospitals:
- Apply Here