Physicians applying for a fellowship program in regional anesthesiology/acute pain medicine must be currently enrolled in, or have completed, an accredited anesthesiology residency program. Each individual program may have additional requirements such as medical licensing. The information published here has been supplied by the individual institutions. Please check back frequently for updates. Programs with an asterisk behind the title indicate they are part of the SF Match Program.
McGaw Medical Center of Northwestern University Regional Anesthesiology & Acute Pain Medicine Fellowship
The ACGME-accredited Regional Anesthesiology & Acute Pain Medicine (RAAPM) Fellowship is a collaboration between two of the main teaching centers at McGaw Medical Center of Northwestern University: Northwestern Memorial Hospital (NMH) and Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago (LCH). During this 12-month fellowship, fellows become experts in the theory and practice of regional anesthesiology through the enthusiastic teaching and mentorship from our dedicated faculty, a robust clinical experience in adults and children, and an in-depth didactic program.
The RAAPM Fellowship Program at the McGaw Medical Center of Northwestern University is designed to train future leaders in clinical care and academic scholarship within the subspecialty of Regional Anesthesiology and Acute Pain Medicine.
At the completion of the fellowship program, graduates will be able to:
- Devise and execute regional anesthetic plans for healthy and medically complex adult and pediatric patients presenting for various types of surgery, including, but not limited to, orthopedic surgery, plastic surgery, breast surgery, general surgery, thoracic surgery, etc.
- Recognize and treat complications of regional anesthetic techniques and acute pain management, including hemorrhagic, infectious, neurological, and pharmacological complications.
- Devise and execute an acute pain management plan for healthy and medically complex adult and pediatric patients experiencing surgical and non-surgical acute pain and acute-on-chronic pain.
- Exhibit their expertise in the utilization of ultrasound-guidance for the performance of routine and advanced peripheral nerve blocks in patients with normal and complex anatomy.
- Apply advanced anatomical, physiological, and pharmacological knowledge to the practice of regional anesthesia and acute pain medicine.
- Effectively communicate a regional anesthetic or acute pain management plan to patients with procedural alternatives
- Organize and manage an efficient regional anesthesia and acute pain medicine service.
- Effectively supervise and teach trainees in the practice of regional anesthetic and acute pain management procedures.
- Execute a quality improvement project
- Present scholarly work at a national society meeting such as ASA or ASRA.
For more information and application instructions, please visit https://www.feinberg.northwestern.edu/sites/anesthesiology/education/fellows/regional/index.html.
- Specialty:Acute Pain/Regional Anesthesia
- Duration:12 months
- Start Year:
- Deadline: Please Check the Fellowship site for additional information
- Salary: Please Check the Fellowship site for additional information
- Contact Person: Sean Lynge Education Coordinator, Regional Anesthesiology and Acute Pain Medicine
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 312.695.5395
- Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine Department of Anesthesiology
- 251 E. Huron, F5-704
- Illinois 60611
- Telephone: 312.695.5395
- Website: https://www.feinberg.northwestern.edu/sites/anesthesiology/education/fellows/regional/index.html
- Director: Jessica Weeks, MD
- Other affiliated faculty:
- Ryan Marcelino, MD (Assoc. Program Director)
- Yogen Asher, MD
- Nicholas Burjek, MD
- Liting Chen, MD
- Brian Chung, MD
- Alexander DeLeon, MD
- Vicente Garcia-Tomas, MD
- Jacob Heninger, DO
- Ben Johnson, MD
- Paul Johnson, MD
- Eric Kamenetsky, MD
- David Krodel, MD, MS
- Alina Lazar, MD
- Sarah MacLyman, MD
- Antoun Nader, MD
- Mitchell Phillips, MD
- Ravi Shah, MD
- Luminita Tureanu, MD
- Angelica Vargas, MD
- Participating hospitals:
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital
- Anne & Robert H Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago
- Apply Here