Physicians applying for a fellowship program in regional anesthesiology/acute pain medicine must be currently enrolled in, or have completed, an accredited anesthesiology residency program. Each individual program may have additional requirements such as medical licensing. The information published here has been supplied by the individual institutions. Please check back frequently for updates.
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine- ACGME Accredited
The goal of the Acute Pain Medicine and Regional Anesthesia Fellowship is for fellows to develop the skills and knowledge base necessary to perform basic, intermediate, and advanced regional nerve blocks. After completion of the fellowship, graduates will be experts in the management of acute pain in the perioperative and peri-trauma period, will have developed the knowledge and skills necessary to be a valued consultant in the perioperative management of acute and acute-on-chronic pain, and will have developed expertise in the performance of peripheral nerve and central neuraxial blocks.
Fellows will participate in various educational activities throughout their training which are done in collaboration with several other fellowship programs in the area, including workshops with hands-on cadaver dissections, point-of-care clinical ultrasonography education, and intramural journal clubs.
A 3-year combined clinical (1-year) and research (2-year) training program is available for interested qualified applicants under the NIH-sponsored T32 institutional research training grant, which also offers the opportunity for sponsored advanced study, such as a MPH from the Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health, for example.
This program uses the common application. Submit the completed application directly to the individual Fellowship Program.
- Specialty:Acute Pain/Regional Anesthesia
- Duration:12 months
- Start Year:
- Deadline: Accepted until position is filled
- Salary: $66,582 + Education Stipend
- Contact Person: Crystal Solera Fellowship Coordinator
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (410) 955-1818
- The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Division of Acute Pain Medicine and Regional Anesthesia
- 600 North Wolfe St., Nelson 2-133
- Maryland 21287
- Telephone: 410-955-5608
- Website: http://anesthesiology.hopkinsmedicine.org/regional-anesthesia-and-acute-pain-management/regional-anesthesia-and-acute-pain-management-fellowship/
- Director: Not provided
- Other affiliated faculty:
- Marie Hanna, MD
- Scott Mittman, MD, PhD
- Vineesh Mathur, MD
- E. David Bravos, MD
- Rashmi Prasad, MD
- Dahlia Naqib, MD
- (NEW)Kara Segna, MD
- Hassan Rayaz, MD
- Richard Barnhart, MD
- Gabriel Orner, MD
- Jennifer Smart-Abbey
- Ronen Shechter, MD
- Chase Smith, MD
- Alyson Russo, MD
- Participating hospitals:
Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Johns Hopkins Outpatient Center
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
- Other advanced clinical rotations at alternate sites are being planned and will be introduced in the future
- Apply Here