Physicians applying for a fellowship program in regional anesthesiology/acute pain medicine must be currently enrolled in, or have completed, an accredited anesthesiology residency program. Each individual program may have additional requirements such as medical licensing. The information published here has been supplied by the individual institutions. Please check back frequently for updates.
Mount Sinai Medical Center, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai (ACGME Accredited)
The Department of Anesthesiology offers a 1-year fellowship in regional anesthesiology and acute pain medicine. This is a clinically focused fellowship in a 1,200-bed academic medical center that performs over 2000 regional anesthetics (single shot and continuous) annually using both ultrasound-guided and traditional techniques. Fellows typically spend 70 percent of their time delivering regional anesthesia and supervising residents and 30 percent conducting clinical research. Applicants must be eligible to hold a New York State License or Limited Permit and are requested to forward their CV, personal statement and two letters of recommendation to Alina Karisova by October 1st for the following academic year.
This program uses the common application. Submit the completed application directly to the individual Fellowship Program.
- Specialty:Acute Pain/Regional Anesthesia
- Duration:12 months
- Start Year:
- Deadline: Accepted until position is filled
- Salary: PGY-5 $86,646
- Contact Person: Alina Kharisova Fellowship Coordinator
- Email: Alina.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 212-241-4441
- Department of Anesthesiology, Mount Sinai Medical Center
- One Gustave L. Levy Place, Box 1010
- New York
- New York 10029-6574
- Telephone: 212-241-4441
- Website: http://icahn.mssm.edu/departments-and-institutes/anesthesiology/programs-and-services/regional-anesthesiology-fellowship
- Director: Christina L. Jeng, MD
- Other affiliated faculty:
- Participating hospitals:
Mount Sinai Hospital
- Apply Here