Physicians applying for a fellowship program in regional anesthesiology/acute pain medicine must be currently enrolled in, or have completed, an accredited anesthesiology residency program. Each individual program may have additional requirements such as medical licensing. The information published here has been supplied by the individual institutions. Please check back frequently for updates.
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Regional Anesthesia and Acute Pain Fellowship
Prospective Fellowship Candidates,
Welcome to UNC Regional Anesthesia and Acute Pain Medicine. At UNC we believe it is our responsibility to train fellows who will move the specialty forward, and we make this our priority.
A Regional Anesthesiology and Acute Pain Fellowship at UNC offers a unique world-class enriching experience that includes:
- 3000 blocks per year in a tertiary academic setting, with inpatient and ambulatory experience.
- Integration of regional anesthesia and point of care ultrasound to care for the most complex patients.
- ERAS pathways with regional anesthesia at their core.
- At the completion of fellowship competence in every possible nerve block approach.
- A faculty pool of nationally and internationally recognized researchers, speakers, book authors, and fellowship-trained experts.
- OSCE and Oral Board training for fellows.
- State-of-the-art equipment and support team.
- Time and support provided for research and quality improvement.
- Opportunities for global health engagement.
- Learn how to become an effective educator as you graduate to the role of an independent practitioner.
- Paid membership of the American Society of Regional Anesthesia and attendance at the ASRA spring meeting.
- Department initiatives for diversity, inclusion and wellness.
We offer three full-time fellowship positions with a comprehensive experience in regional anesthesiology and acute pain. We are seeking ACGME accreditation with anticipated transition to accredited fellowship starting July 2021.
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes all to apply, including protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
This program uses the common application. Submit the completed application directly to the individual Fellowship Program.
Learn more about UNC Fellowship
Application Details and Requirements:
- Specialty:Acute Pain/Regional Anesthesia
- Duration:12 months
- Start Year:
- Deadline: Accepted until position is filled
- Salary: TBD
- Contact Person: Monika Nanda, MB, BS, MPH Fellowship Director
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (919) 966-5136
- ATTN: Monika Nanda, MB, BS, MPH. Director, Regional Anesthesia Fellowship
- Dept. of Anesthesiology UNC at Chapel Hill Medical Center, CB 7010, N2198, UNC Hospitals
- Chapel Hill
- North Carolina 27599-7010
- Telephone: (919) 966-5136
- Website: https://www.med.unc.edu/anesthesiology/education/regional-fellowship/
- Director: Monika Nanda, MBBS, MPH, Fellowship Director and Stuart Grant, MB ChB, MMCI, FRCA, Division Chief
- Other affiliated faculty:
- David Hardman, MD, MBA, FASA
- Harendra Arora, MB, BS
- Ty Bullard, MD
- Randall Coombs, MD
- Sally Stander, MD
- Christopher Howard, MD
- Jennifer Allan, MD
- Daniel McMillan, MD
- James Krakowski, MD
- Ravindra Prasad, MD
- Jay Schoenherr, MD
- Marc Levi, MD
- Participating hospitals:
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Medical Center
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Ambulatory Care Center
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Hillsborough Campus
- Apply Here