Physicians applying for a fellowship program in regional anesthesiology/acute pain medicine must be currently enrolled in, or have completed, an accredited anesthesiology residency program. Each individual program may have additional requirements such as medical licensing. The information published here has been supplied by the individual institutions. Please check back frequently for updates.
We are seeking a motivated and dedicated individual to join the Department of Anesthesia as a regional anesthesia & acute pain fellow. Our fellowship offers the opportunity to develop skills in peripheral and central neural blockade in the context of modern, integrated multimodal pain management, working and learning in a supportive and well-equipped environment. The fellow will be exposed to single-shot blocks, indwelling catheter techniques, ultrasound and traditional approaches. Our regional anesthesia & acute pain fellowship offers you many opportunities to develop skills in clinical care, judgment, teaching and research.
The successful candidate will be based primarily in the Block Room, where more than 2500 regional anesthesia procedures are done per year, at the Halifax Infirmary site of the QEII Health Sciences Centre, but will also have the opportunity to work with the Acute Pain Service and the Chronic Pain Service at the Victoria General site. In addition to spending two out of five days per week in the Block Room, the fellow will provide anesthesia care in such related areas as orthopedic, plastic and vascular surgery. The program allocates one day per week non-clinical time and provides mentors for clinical, education and research goals and projects. The fellow will actively participate in departmental teaching activities and will be encouraged to attend academic conferences to further develop skills.
- Specialty:Acute Pain/Regional Anesthesia
- Duration:12 months
- Start Year:
- Deadline: Accepted until position is filled
- Salary: ~$90k with $7,500 study budget per year
- Contact Person: Laura Harris-Buffett Managing Director of Education
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (902) 473-8883
- Victoria General Site 10 West Victoria
- 1276 South Park St
- Nova Scotia, Canada B3H 2Y9
- Telephone: (902) 473-8883; (902) 423-9454
- Website: https://medicine.dal.ca/departments/department-sites/anesthesia/education/fellowship-programs.html
- Director: Dr. Vishal Uppal
- Other affiliated faculty:
- Participating hospitals:
- Halifax Infirmary
- Victoria General Hospital
- Apply Here