Physicians applying for a fellowship program in regional anesthesiology/acute pain medicine must be currently enrolled in, or have completed, an accredited anesthesiology residency program. Each individual program may have additional requirements such as medical licensing. The information published here has been supplied by the individual institutions. Please check back frequently for updates.
University of Toronto, St. Michael's Hospital
This is a clinically focused Fellowship within a fully staffed and equipped dedicated block room that performs over 2000 preoperative regional blocks per year. Ultrasound guidance is standard for all upper and lower extremity blocks. Both single injection and catheter techniques are expected competencies following completion of the Fellowship. Sixty percent of Fellowship time (3 days per week) is dedicated to regional anesthesia practice (clinical 2 days, research 1 day), with the remaining 2 clinical Operating Room days distributed throughout the scope of practice at our full-service adult tertiary care trauma centre.
- Start dates January and July (2 Fellows each start date)
- Acceptance ~16 months in advance
- Annual Salary: $100,000 CDN (plus 4 weeks vacation and 1 week conference leave).
- Special Requirements: FRCPC, FRCA, FANZCA, or equivalent
- Specialty:Acute Pain/Regional Anesthesia
- Duration:12 months
- Start Year:
- Deadline: Accepted until position is filled
- Salary: CDN $100,000
- Contact Person: Ahmed Hamdy, MBBCh Department of Anesthesia
- Email: HamdyA@smh.ca
- Phone: 416.864.5071
- Ahmed Hamdy, MBBCh, Department of Anesthesia, St. Michael's Hospital
- 30 Bond Street
- Ontario, Canada M5B 1W8
- Telephone: 416.864.5071
- Website: http://www.anesthesia.utoronto.ca/edu/fellowship/offered/smhultra.htm
- Director: Not provided
- Other affiliated faculty:
- Participating hospitals:
- Apply Here