- ESI Coverage Now Threatened in Oregon
- May 19, 2016
- Regional Anesthesia and Pain Podcast: ACB Versus FNB for Knee Surgery
- May 13, 2016
- May ASRA News Is Now Live
- May 4, 2016
Latest blog entries
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): 2016 Guideline for Prescribing Opioids for Chronic Pain
- By Chester 'Trip' Buckenmaier III, MD May 20, 2016
- You Can’t Achieve What You Don’t Start
- By Ankeet D. Udani, MD, MSEd, Duke University Department of Anesthesiology Apr 27, 2016
- We’re Proud of How We’re Doing, But We Can Do Better
- By Angie Stengel, MS, CAE, Executive Director Apr 12, 2016
Follow ASRA on Twitter
Originally founded in 1923, ASRA was reborn in 1975 and is the largest subspecialty medical society in anesthesiology. We are approximately 4,000 members, including physicians and scientists, and a rich international distribution. Learn about the benefits of membership in ASRA.
Already an ASRA member?
ASRA special interest groups (SIGs) are designed to foster collaboration and networking among people with similar interests. Learn more by visiting our SIG pages.
Sign up for our newsletter
The official journal of ASRA, a subscription to Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine is just one of the benefits of membership in the Society.
A bimonthly journal that publishes peer-reviewed scientific and clinical studies to advance the understanding and clinical application of regional techniques for surgical anesthesia and postoperative analgesia. Coverage includes intraoperative regional techniques, perioperative pain, chronic pain, obstetric anesthesia, pediatric anesthesia, outcome studies, and complications.
The official newsletter of ASRA is published online each quarter. Articles address hot topics in the field and provide an opportunity for regional anesthesiology and pain medicine physicians to share their experiences and recommendations for various aspects of practice. Organization news and meeting information is also included, and the online format facilitates sharing articles with colleagues and on social media. Read Current Issue
40th Anniversary Videos
ASRA founding fathers and former presidents reflect on 40 years of advancing the science and practice of regional anesthesia and pain medicine. Learn more about the history of ASRA by downloading our 40th Anniversary Commemorative Booklet.