Inaugural class fellows Drs. Samer Narouze, Richard Rosenquist,
and Asokumar Buvanendran at the 2023 Spring Meeting.
The Fellow of ASRA Pain Medicine (FASRA) recognizes the contributions of prominent members in the fields of regional anesthesia and pain medicine, acknowledges those dedicated to the Society, and promotes continued service to ASRA Pain Medicine and the specialty.
See the FASRA 2023 Inaugural Class.
Criteria for attaining this recognition include:
- Membership in ASRA Pain Medicine for at least 5 consecutive years from the date of application.
- Board certification by the American Board of Anesthesiology, American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, or other American Board of Medical Specialties or American Osteopathic Association Board(s) or has a doctorial degree.
- Evidence that the applicant has demonstrated outstanding contributions to ASRA Pain Medicine or the specialty by fulfilling at least two of the criteria below.
- Served at least one term as an ASRA Pain Medicine Director-at-Large, committee chair, meeting chair, or SIG chair OR served as a member with significant contributions to committees and/or annual meetings for at least two years (ex. faculty at meetings, courses, or webinars; served on the Regional Anesthesia & Pain Medicine Editorial Board, etc.)
- Held a leadership position within a medical society, hospital, or practice related to the field of regional anesthesia and pain management.
- Involved in teaching or mentoring activities with commitment to advancing the specialty with evidence of success.
- Conducted significant research related to regional anesthesia, acute pain, or chronic pain.
- 2 letters of recommendation from active ASRA Pain Medicine members in good standing (current Fellows of ASRA Pain Medicine preferred)
- Personal statement (500 word maximum)
- Curriculum Vitae
To maintain the designation, FASRA members must maintain their membership in ASRA Pain Medicine. If membership lapses for one year or more, the Fellow will need to reapply to receive the designation again.
Application Fee: $250 (non-refundable)
The deadline to apply for the 2024 fellowship class is November 30, 2023.