ASRA Pain Medicine's Excellence in Education Award recognizes physician members at the instructor or assistant professor level who have demonstrated innovation and success in education and have been attending physicians for a minimum of 5 years. This national award is presented to educators who self-nominate or have been nominated by their peers in recognition of their innovation and dedication to the delivery of knowledge in the fields of regional anesthesia and/or pain medicine.
The ASRA Pain Medicine Excellence in Education Award is for recognition of innovation in education. Individuals may only receive the award once.
Nominees must be:
- Early to mid-level career individuals who have been attending physicians for a minimum of 5 years.
- Actively involved in teaching.
- ASRA Pain Medicine members.
- Letter of support from the chair of the department or the section chief detailing the accomplishments of the nominee (500-word max).
- Two letters of support from trainees, mentees, residents, or fellows describing how the nominee’s effectiveness as an educator influenced their current position.
- Copy of the nominee’s curriculum vitae.