ASRA Pain Medicine’s Advanced Practice and Nursing Award is given annually to a nurse practitioner, physician assistant, or nurse who has demonstrated significant contributions to the field of pain medicine.
- Be current members of ASRA Pain Medicine and the Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant, and Clinical Nurse SIG.
- Meet a minimum of two (2) criteria outlined below:
- Service to ASRA Pain Medicine in the form of participation in specialty interest groups (SIGs), committees, poster, and panel presentations as well as leadership roles at ASRA Pain Medicine meetings.
- Dissemination of pain medicine specialty contributions via abstract submissions, poster/podium presentations, curriculum development, and publications within peer-reviewed journals.
- Evidence of political action advocating for access to care in pain management.
- Education in pain management.
- A letter of support detailing the accomplishments of the nominee with highlights of how the nominee has demonstrated significant contribution to the field of pain medicine as a nurse practitioner, physician assistant, or nurse (500-word max).
- A copy of the nominee’s curriculum vitae (CV).