Thank you to everyone who joined us - in-person or virtually - for the 20th Annual Pain Medicine Meeting!
Registrants have access to the recorded portion of the program for up to one year via the Mobile Event Site.
Join us Thursday, November 18, through Saturday, November 20, 2021, to learn, network, and be inspired! This three-day scientific and educational event allows you to tailor your educational experience and select content based on your individual needs. National and international experts in the field will highlight major challenges and nonstandard solutions affecting our specialty after the COVID-19 pandemic. They will analyze new disrupters in the field and provide a better view and understanding of their effects – whether good or bad – and if they are sustainable as well as whether their effects are reproducible in real practice. These leading sessions along with a translational and clinical focus will help deliver information and take-home value skills that you can put to immediate use in practice.
San Francisco, CA
- Sessions on the new innovative treatments for multiple chronic conditions, neuromodulation, combating the opioid epidemic, gene therapy, cancer pain, complementary/alternative, regenerative, psychological techniques, and many more.
- Interactive sessions covering the hottest topics in pain management, such as gene therapy, utilization of virtual reality (VR) and artificial intelligence (AI) in pain practice, risk mitigation, and a special session related to developing guidelines for the pain specialty.
- A variety of hands-on fluoroscopic and ultrasound workshops with additional cutting-edge topics such as including VR workshops, percutaneous joint fusion, spinal and peripheral nerve stimulation, treatments for vertebral pain (eg, basivertebral nerve radiofrequency ablation), metastatic bone radiofrequency ablation, and direct/ indirect disc decompression procedures.
- Presentations from internationally renowned basic science and clinical researchers from a diverse field of pain medicine specialties.
- ASA/ASRA Practice Management Portfolio sessions designed for interactive discussion on key aspects of coding and compliance, innovations by utilization of AI and virtual clinics, and managing a variety of pain practice settings, in addition to issues pertaining to patient retention and risk management.
- Credits that apply toward ASRA’s Pain and MSK Interventional Ultrasound Certificate requirements.
- Dedicated PA/NP/Nursing program and targeted interactive sessions on intrathecal therapies, acupuncture, complementary/alternative therapies, professional development, diagnostic imaging and electrodiagnostics, and a neurologic exam workshop as well as a hands-on physical.
- Abstract submissions, moderated ePoster sessions, problem-based learning discussions, awards luncheon, and much more!
- Welcome Networking Reception
- Resident/Fellow and Fellowship Directors Meet and Greet
- Saturday Celebration on the 46th floor overlooking beautiful San Francisco
- Expansive exhibit hall located in the center of the lecture and workshop activity
The City of San Francisco requires that all guests/visitors to the hotel seeking to attend a meeting/event where food and beverage is served, be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
In addition to proof of vaccine, be prepared to show your driver's license at registration. Under the applicable order, acceptable proof of vaccination includes the following:
- CDC Vaccination Card(physical or digital copy)
- State-issued proof of vaccination card
- Official immunization record from outside of the United States
- A personal digital COVID-19 vaccine record issued by the State of California or by an approved entity
You will receive a sticker indicating that you have provided proof of vaccination, which must be placed on your badge to allow you to access the event and associated activities.
The City of San Francisco has made it clear that if an individual is unable to provide proof of vaccination status the hotel cannot permit them to participate in the event. Additionally, the ordinance/order/law requires that all hotel guests age 12 and up must show valid proof of vaccination while at Hilton San Francisco Union Square when seeking to access any of the following areas:
- Consuming food and drink in designated lobby space
- Cityscape Lounge
- The Fitness Center
Again, those who are unable to provide proof of vaccination will not be permitted to access these areas of the Hotel. Please visit the official website of the SF Health Order for more information regarding the current vaccine requirements.
In-person attendees should perform a COVID Self-Assessment each morning before reporting to the meeting area. If you are not feeling well, you can participate as a virtual attendee from your room. Instructions for accessing virtual content are provided on the Mobile Event Site. You will have received an email from the Mobile Event Site with instructions on logging in. If you need assistance, click on "Get Support" in the upper left of your screen.