Resident Fellow Section Representative to the American Medical Association
ASRA Pain Medicine is proud to announce a new position created for interested residents/fellows who are passionate about advocating for the society and its members.
Founded in 1847, the American Medical Association (AMA) is the largest and only national association that convenes 190+ state and specialty medical societies and other critical stakeholders. As the physicians’ powerful ally in patient care, the AMA delivers on this mission by representing physicians with a unified voice in courts and legislative bodies across the nation, removing obstacles that interfere with patient care, leading the charge to prevent chronic disease and confront public health crises, and driving the future of medicine to tackle the biggest challenges in health care and training the leaders of tomorrow.
It is our hope that through this Resident Fellow Section position, the resident/fellow can learn and grow within ASRA Pain Medicine and the AMA to further their shared vision.
- Work alongside with other societies to advance the mission of ASRA Pain Medicine and AMA.
- Work with ASRA Pain Medicine to advocate for your residents/fellows in the AMA meetings.
- Recruit members to join advocacy efforts for ASRA Pain Medicine.
- Be an effective communicator to residents, fellows, and the administration of ASRA Pain Medicine with regards to current policy and advocacy efforts.
- Have clear objectives of what you would like to accomplish during your tenure.
- Facilitate transition at the end of your term.
- Must be members of both ASRA Pain Medicine and AMA.
- 2-year term beginning at the conclusion of the ASRA Pain Medicine Spring Meeting.
- Must be able to make the orientation at the ASRA Pain Medicine Spring Meeting at the beginning of your term.
- Must be able to attend the AMA Annual Meeting held in Chicago, IL in June.
- Strongly encouraged to attend AMA interim meeting held in November.
- Must be in good standing with your training program and have their support for you to attend necessary meeting(s).
- Meeting reimbursements by ASRA Pain Medicine.
- Appointment as an Ad Hoc member on ASRA Pain Medicine Practice Management Committee.
- Ability to advance through the ranks within the AMA with ASRA Pain Medicine support.
- Meet new mentors, create new connections, and advocate for your future career.
- Applications are due by January 15.
- Interviews will be held in February.
- Selected applicant will be notified in March.
- Meet and greet event for the current delegation to the AMA will occur during the ASRA Pain Medicine Spring Meeting.
Nominations must be received by January 15, 2024. Incomplete nominations will not be considered.