Episode 24: Education in Ultrasound Regional Anesthesia
Raj Gupta (@dr_rajgupta) and Eric Schwenk (@ESchwenkMD) discuss the role of ASRA's Education in Regional Anesthesia Special Interest Group (SIG) and the current state of education in regional anesthesia. Recorded 05/29/2018.
- Colin McCartney (@colinjmccartney), Chair of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine at University of Ottawa, ON, Canada
- Danielle Ludwin, Associate Professor of Anesthesiology; Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- Jaime Ortiz (@JaimeOrtizMD), Associate Professor of Anesthesiology; Baylor College of Medicine
Make sure to check out the next two ASRA meetings #ASRAFall18 and #ASRASpring19 by going to www.asra.com for all the details.
- Choi S. & McCartney CJ. Evidence base for the use of ultrasound for upper extremity blocks: 2014 update. Reg Anesth Pain Med. 2016; 41(2), 242-50.
- Helwani MA, Saied NN, Asaad B, Rasmussen S, & Fingerman ME. The current role of ultrasound use in teaching regional anesthesia: a survey of residency programs in the United States. Pain Med. 2012;13(10),1342–6.
- Liu SS. Evidence basis for ultrasound-guided block characteristics onset, quality, and duration. Reg Anesth Pain Med. 2016;41(2), 205–20.
- Lerman IR, Souzdalnitski D, Halaszynski T, Dai F, Guirguis M, Narouze SN. Ultrasound-guided regional anesthesia simulation and trainee performance. Technique Reg Anesth Pain Manage. 2014;18(4)110-7.
Thanks to The Preps from Philadelphia, PA for the music: “The Grind (9 to 5)" and "Unknown Night". The band features Steve Breslin on vocals/guitars, Bryan Schwenk on guitars/vocals, Jeff Frederick on bass, and Eric Schwenk on drums.
Order byNewest on top Oldest on top