When autocomplete results are available use up and down arrows to review and enter to select.
Written Journal Club
The goal of the Written Journal Club is to present relevant publications to readers in a simplified and abridged manner that provides one perspective and incorporates additional contributions from peers and faculty.
While articles can be submitted by people at any career level, we are starting this program to gain fellows’ valuable perspective on articles of interest. We hope to create a dialogue on what is relevant to them during their fellowships as they prepare for their post-fellowship careers in pain medicine.
2. A team of experts will review the submission to ensure accuracy of the work. ASRA Pain Medicine cannot reproduce images, charts, graphs, etc. without written permission/approval from the publisher. Links to these items should be provided in your review.
3. You will receive a notification email within 2-3 weeks of submission.
1. Does the author need to be an ASRA Pain Medicine member to submit an article review? No; however, the person submitting the review must be a current member of ASRA Pain Medicine.
2. What types of articles should I review? Our journal club is different from other societies' journal clubs because it will be in a written format and reviews could be broad in scope. While there will be an opportunity to review journal articles, this could be an opportunity to extract what is most salient about the field of a subject (e.g., neuromodulation) to an audience that may or may not be particularly familiar with this field.
3. Can I review an older article? Yes, you can revisit an older article and review it from a historical sense to see how relevant it may have been then, and if it continues to hold relevance now.
4. How do I list my Written Journal Club authorship on my CV? For most medical school standardized formats for their students' and faculty's CVs under the section for "Other Scholarly Work in Print or Other Media."
5. Who can I contact for more information? Please click the button below to send an email.