Physicians applying for a fellowship program in regional anesthesiology/acute pain medicine must be currently enrolled in, or have completed, an accredited anesthesiology residency program. Each individual program may have additional requirements such as medical licensing. The information published here has been supplied by the individual institutions. Please check back frequently for updates.
University of Pennsylvania
The Regional Anesthesia and Acute Pain Medicine fellowship at the University of Pennsylvania is a yearlong post-graduate training program aimed to cultivate expertise in the theory, art, and practical delivery of regional anesthesia and acute pain management. This includes hands-on training in ultrasound guided peripheral nerve blocks, management of peripheral nerve catheters, neuraxial anesthesia/analgesia and multimodal pharmacological approaches to postoperative pain management. The fellowship also incorporates a part-time clinical instructorship with the responsibility of supervising residents in the operative setting. Our fellowship is non ACGME accredited.
A particular strength of our program is the ability to customize the structure of the fellowship to the needs and interests of individual candidate. We are especially interested in candidates with a goal of pursuing academic career and we offer the opportunity for formal education through the Department of Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatics at the Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania resulting in a certificate of clinical research during the fellowship year.
This program uses the common application. Submit the completed application directly to the individual Fellowship Program.
- Specialty:Acute Pain/Regional Anesthesia
- Duration:12 months
- Start Year:2023
- Deadline: Accepted until position is filled
- Salary: commensurate with assigned clinical work
- Contact Person: Veena Graff, MD Fellowship Program Director
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (215) 662-8244
- Department of Anesthesiology & Critical Care
- Penn Presbyterian, 51 North 39th Street, Wright Saunders 223
- Pennsylvania 19104
- Telephone: (215) 662-8244
- Website: https://www.pennmedicine.org/departments-and-centers/anesthesiology-and-critical-care/education-and-training/fellowships/regional-anesthesia
- Director: Veena Graff, MD
- Other affiliated faculty:
Lu Cai MD
Ignacio Badiola MD
Taras Grosh MD
Stephanie Huang MD
Maryam Nilforoshan MD
Samir Thaker MD
Jason Ochroch MD
Derek Foerschler MD
- Participating hospitals:
- Penn Presbyterian Medical Center
- Penn Medicine at University City, Ambulatory Surgical Facility
- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
- Apply Here