The strongest benefits in the profession
Networking and community
With nearly 4,000 members in 60 countries, ASRA is the largest subspecialty organization in anesthesia. Annual scientific and educational meetings along with active special interest groups and committees give members a wealth of opportunities to make connections with thousands of experts.
- Annual meetings for both anesthesiology and pain medicine attended by over 1,000 members.
- Connect with ASRA on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn to stay up to date on the latest news.
- Volunteer on committees to further the Society’s mission, developing programs, and improve skills
- Join a special interest group to network with others who share your interests.
- Nominate someone for an award to recognize his or her contributions to the field.
Get the most current and up-to-date information on developments in anesthesia and pain medicine.
- Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine journal contains peer-reviewed scientific and clinical studies to advance the understanding and clinical application of regional techniques for surgical anesthesia and postoperative analgesia.
- ASRA News newsletter keeps members up to date with the latest developments in research.
Education and career guidance
ASRA supports practitioners’ continuing professional development, recertification and credentialing needs by offering a range of educational offerings.
- Courses and workshops for CME with extensive opportunities for hands-on practice
Scholarships to assist both fellows and institutions in the providing fellowships in regional anesthesia and pain medicine.
- Fellowships for more than 50 positions in the United States and Canada.
- Research grants totaling over $300,000 available to members.
NOTE: ASRA membership is on a calendar basis. Membership runs from January 1st through December 31st.