Why PoCUS for the Regional Anesthesiologist?
- Introducing the Perioperative Point of Care Ultrasound (PoCUS) Special Interest Group (SIG) by Jan Boublik, MD, PhD, and Stephen Haskins, MD (from ASRA News, 2016; Volume 16, Issue 4, pp. 9-11).
- Point-of-Care Ultrasound for the Regional Anesthesiologist and Pain Specialist: A Series Introduction by Stephen C. Haskins, MD, Jan Boublik, MD, PhD, and Christopher L. Wu, MD (from Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine, 2017; Volume 42, Issue 3, pp. 281-282).
- ASRA RAPP (Regional Anesthesia and Pain Podcast): Perioperative Point-of-Care Ultrasound
- “Why PoCUS?” provides an overview of the role of perioperative point-of-care ultrasound and its applications in today’s healthcare environment.
- Blog post: “Seeing is Believing” by Stephen Haskins, MD, and Jan Boublik, MD, PhD
- Airway Sonography in Live Models and Cadavers by Ban Tsui, MD, FRCPC, Vivian Ip, MBChB, FRCA, and Anil Walji, MD, PhD (from Journal of Ultrasound in Medicine, 2013; Volume 32, Issue 6, pp. 1049-1058).
- Ultrasonography for Clinical Decision-Making and Intervention in Airway Management: From the Mouth to the Lungs and Pleurae by Michael S. Kristensen, Wendy H. Teoh, Ole Graumann, Christian B. Laursen (from Insights Into Imaging, 2014; Volume 5, Issue 2, pp. 253-279).
- Lung Ultrasonography for the Regional Anesthesiologist by Stephen Haskins, MD (from ASRA News, 2015; Volume 15, Issue 4, pp. 23-26).
- Lung Ultrasound for the Regional Anesthesiologist and Acute Pain Specialist by Stephen C. Haskins, MD, Ban C. Tsui, MSc, MD, Jemial A. Nejim, MD, Christopher L. Wu, MD, and Jan Boublik, MD, PhD (from Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine, 2017; Volume 42, Issue 3, pp. 289-298).
- The Nuts and Bolts of Performing Focused Cardiovascular Ultrasound (FoCUS) by Josh M. Zimmerman, MD, FASE, and Bradley J. Coker, MD (from Anesthesia and Analgesia, 2017; Volume 124, Issue 3, pp. 753-760).
- Perioperative Use of Focus Assessed Transthoracic Echocardiography (FATE) by Jimmy Hojberg Holm, MD, Christian Alcaraz Frederiksen, MD, Peter Juhl-Olsen, MD, and Erik Sloth, MD, DMSc (from Anesthesia and Analgesia, 2012; Volume 115, Issue 5, pp. 1029-1032).
- Gastric Ultrasonography for the Regional Anesthesiologist by Susan Bragg, MD, Richelle Kruisselbrink, MD, FRCPC, and Anahi Perlas, MD, FRCPC (from ASRA News, 2017; Volume 17, Issue 1, pp. 14-16).
- Diagnosis of Intraabdominal Fluid Extravasation After Hip Arthroscopy With Point-of-Care Ultrasonography Can Identify Patients at an Increased Risk for Postoperative Pain by Stephen C. Haskins, MD, Natasha A. Desai, BA, Kara G. Fields, MS, Jemiel A. Nejim, MD, Stephanie Cheng, MD, Struan H. Coleman, MD, PhD, Danyal H. Nawabi, MD, and Bryan T. Kelly MD (from Anesthesia and Analgesia, 2017; Volume 124, Issue 3, pp. 791-799).